As part of your preventive care we include evaluations by your dentist. This will be paired with your regular professional cleaning appointment. We want you to experience optimal oral health which is why we recommend routine evaluations and cleanings to be done at the right interval for you.
During routine evaluations we can detect problems when they are small and very easy to treat, many times preventing costly, more involved treatments down the road. Your evaluation will consist of:
- Examination of diagnostic radiographs (X-rays): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. Radiographs also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay and broken and worn teeth: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay and wear with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
This is a time for your dentist to discuss his/her findings, and any changes that are needed and to answer any questions you may have about those needs.
Ask a question. Request an appointment.